CARE OF EARS
Hygiene of the ears has implications for hearing audity. Foreign body in the ear canal can cause deafness of older adults.
1. The ears should be cleaned during the bed bath for bed ridden patients.
2. A clean corner of a moistened wash cloth rotated gently into the ear is used for cleaning.
3. Cotton tipped applicator is useful for cleansing the Pinna
4. If there is any discharge from the ear canal, inform it to the doctor.
5. Instruct the patient not to put any sharp objects like hair pin inside the ear.
6. In case of using hearing aid routine cleaning and proper insertion techniques should be followed.