![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Applications of Fiber Optic Sensors
Fiber optic sensors are used in several areas. Specifically:
• Measurement of physical properties such as strain, displacement, temperature, pressure, velocity, and acceleration in structures of any shape or size.
• Monitoring the physical health of structures in real time.
• Buildings and Bridges: Concrete monitoring during setting, crack (length, propagation speed) monitoring, prestressing monitoring, spatial displacement measurement, neutral axis evolution, long-term deformation (creep and shrinkage) monitoring, concrete-steel interaction, and post-seismic damage evaluation.
• Tunnels: Multipoint optical extensometers, convergence monitoring, shotcrete / prefabricated vaults evaluation, and joints monitoring damage detection.
• Dams: Foundation monitoring, joint expansion monitoring, spatial displacement measurement, leakage monitoring, and distributed temperature monitoring.
• Heritage structures: Displacement monitoring, crack opening analysis, post-seismic damage evaluation, restoration monitoring, and old-new interaction.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.