Animal Products used as food:-
Milk is white liquid food produced by the mammary glands of mammals. It is the primary source of nutrition for infant mammals. We use milk in our daily life for the following.
* Milk is the daily essential product which is obtained from animals like cows, buffaloes goats and camels.
* Milk is necessary in our daily diet to prepare tea, coffee, ice creams, chocolates, sweets and other related products.
* Highly recommended nutritive food containing protein and calcium are made from milk like, Paneer, Cheese, Cream, Butter, Ghee and curd.
Eggs are laid by female birds of many different species to produce their young ones like hen, duck, turkey and ostrich. We use these in our daily life for the following.
* They are used in our daily diet to get energy and good health.
* It is highly nutritious and rich in protein.
* Eggs have 6 grams of high-quality protein. A protein packed breakfast helps to sustain mental and physical energy throughout the day. Consuming egg daily is good for any age people.
Can you distinguish a fresh egg from a rotten one?
* Take a bowl of water.
* Put the egg in the bowl.
* Observe now, the fresh egg will sink. But the rotten egg will float.
Where from honey comes, or how it is produced? Have you seen a beehive where many bees are seen buzzing about? Bees collect nectar (sweet juices) from flowers, convert it into honey and store in their honey comb.
* Honey is a sweet liquid produced by honey bees from the nectar of flowers. It is extracted from beehives by us.
* Raw organic wild honey is extracted from selected hives by tribal honey hunters, who collect it from jungles.
* Honey has more medicinal values and highly nutritious food.
Aim : To find out the purity of honey
Materials required : Water and honey.
Procedure : Take a glass of water, add a drop of honey to it. Observe carefully.
Inference : If the drop of honey reaches the bottom without dissolving, then the honey is pure. If the drop of honey dissolves before reaching the bottom then the honey is impure.
The worker bees collect the nectar from the flowers. They nourish the young ones and repair the bee hive and also protect
Meat is animal flesh that is eaten as food. Most often it is used to describe skeletal muscle and fat that is found with it. Some people eat the flesh of animals such as chicken, sheep, rabbit, pig, goat, camel, buffalo (beef), fish, crab, prawn, lobster and many more.
* Animal meat is considered as the part of diet by most of the people.
* Meat consumption is considered essential for its nutritive values. Especially chicken breeding is done in large scale in the form of poultry farming for economic purpose.