![if !IE]> <![endif]>
LET US UNDERSTAND
A. Choose the best answer.
1. Kartik is _______________.
a ) deaf
Answer: b) blind
2. The Delhi government did not allow blind children to study science after __________________.
a ) 8th standard
b) 10th standard
c) 12th standard
Answer: b) 10th standard
3. Finally, ______________, he got permission to study Science.
a ) after 11 months
b) after 7 months
c) after 9 months
Answer: c) after 9 months
4. He got an admission to study at Stanford University __________.
a ) in the USA
b) in the UK
C) in Russia
Answer: a ) in the USA
B. Answer the following questions.
1. What subject did he like the most?
He liked science most.
2. How many marks did he score in his 12th board exam?
In his 12th board examination he got more than 95%.
3. What was his dream ?
His dream was to study in IIT
4. Is there something that you will struggle for? why?
I will struggle for visually impaired people to get more job opportunities because they are not selected for certain jobs.
5. What was Farhan's father advice to his son?
Farhan's father advised him to work hard. If we work hard the support will come to us from outside. But mostly the support should come from inside.
LET US BUILD
Two cows are grazing in the fields.
It is actually a bull and a cow grazing in the fields.
It is like a boy and girl.
Gender of a noun indicates whether a
person or animal is male or female.
Masculine nouns are words used for men, boys, and male animals.
Feminine nouns are words used for women, girls, and female animals.
As Ranjani introduces her family members to us, we can identify the masculine and feminine nouns in the family .
Hi friends. Meet my Grandfather.
He is my father.
He is my brother.
He is my uncle.
This is my Grandmother.
She is my mother.
She is my sister.
She is my aunty.
The same is for the animals. Let us look at masculine and feminine names for the animals.
rooster : hen ; peacock : peahen ; stag : hind ; lion : lioness ; stallion : mare ; fox : vixen ; ram : ewe ; drake : duck
A. Match the masculine noun with the feminine noun.
1. Son - princess
2. Tiger - heroine
3. King - daughter
4. Prince - queen
5. Hero - tigress
1. Son – daughter
2. Tiger - tigress
3. King - queen
4. Prince - princess
5. Hero - heroine
B. Change the masculine noun to feminine noun in the given sentences.
1. My uncle presented me a watch. aunt
2. A young man was driving the car. woman
3. May I come in sir? madam
4. The waiter took the order. waitress
5. The rooster scratched the earth for worms. hen
C. Complete each sentence by using the following words.
( uncle, bride, bull, niece, king )
1. Farmer John has four cows and two bulls.
2. The bridegroom and the bride entered the hall.
3. The king and queen attended the court.
4. Charles greeted his uncle and aunt.
5. I played with my nephew and niece.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.