![if !IE]> <![endif]>
LET US UNDERSTAND
A. Choose the correct option.
1. His father wanted him to do well in studies.
2. Akilan’s passion is to learn Judo.
3. Master trained Akilan on a single stroke.
a. two strokes
b. many strokes
c. single stroke
4. Akilan learnt Judo for two years.
a. three years
b. two years
c. one year
B. Name the character or speaker.
1. “Believe yourself.” - Akilan’s Master
2. “Learn well, live well!” - Akilan’s father
3. “How did I win the competition with a single stroke?” – Akilan
4. “My dear, you learnt the most difficult stroke in Judo.” - Akilan’s master
C. Answer the following questions.
1. Who was Akilan’s inspiration?
His Physical Education Teacher was Akilan’s inspiration.
2. How did he lose his hand?
He lost his hand in an accident.
3. What was his master’s advice?
His master advised him to believe in himself. He said that Akilan should focus on his strengths, not on his obstacles.
4. Why did everyone ridicule the boy?
The people did not know how a boy with one hand could win a national competition. So they ridiculed him.
5. How did he win the match?
His master's advice energised Akilan. He focused on his single stroke without thinking about the strength of the opponent. So Akilan won the match.
LET US BUILD
As the father said the words big and huge have similar meanings.
There are many words that have the same meaning. Let us see.
Read the sentences and write the word with same meanings for the underlined words.
(small, sick, large, glad, stone, leap)
I ate the big apple. large
This is a little dog. small
I threw a rock in the lake. stone
I am so happy. glad
Circle the differences between the following pictures.
In picture 1
i. The sun is happy.
ii. The tree is tall.
iii. The pond is full of water.
In picture 2
i. The sun is sad.
ii. The tree is short.
iii. The pond is empty.
The words that denote differences in the above pictures give the opposite meaning.
Happy is the opposite of sad.
Tall is the opposite of short.
Full is the opposite of empty.
Fill in the blanks with the correct opposites.
(bright, huge, full, bottom)
Is this bottle empty? No, it is full.
Is this a small tree? No, it is huge.
Is he standing on top? No, he is at the bottom.
Is this a dark room? No, it is bright.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.