Points to remember
* Water is one of the most important components that all animals including human beings and plants depend on for their livelihood.
* To an extent of 97% of the total water that exists on Earth is found in seas and oceans.
* Only 3% of the freshwater is available in polar ice caps and glaciers.
* Lakes, rivers, swamps constitute only 0.3% of the surface water.
* The moisture in the soil indicates the presence of underground water.
* The continuous circulation of water in nature is called the water cycle. It is effected by evaporation, condensation, precipitation and transpiration.
* Ground water is the water present beneath Earth's surface in soil.
Through this activity you w be able to know what happens to water when it is taken out of nature, into our house and once it leaves our houses.
Step 1: Type the URL or scan the QR code to launch the activity.
Step 2 : A page of 3 games will open, click on the first game 'Melbourne water cycle', and click the "Play the Melbourne water game" button to start the game.
Step 3: Play the game by following the instructions and using the navigation keys. Observe the steps of water usage and the process of recycling the used water.
Step 4: Play the other two games to know about the Natural water cycle and Sources of water.
Simple Circuit’s URL:
*Pictures are indicative only