LET US UNDERSTAND
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Teddy took his pillow as a sign of welcoming them.
a. giving fare well
2. Kani and Teddy were in the garden at 12 PM (12 Noon)
a. 11 PM
b. 10 PM
c. 12 PM (12 Noon )
3. Muthu collected garbage from every house.
4. Anbu was 2 year old boy.
a. 3 year
b. 4 year
c. 2 year
5. Kani took Teddy out for a walk.
B. Answer the questions.
1. Why did Kani run to the kitchen?
Kani ran to the kitchen to see Selvi cleaning the vessels.
2. Where did Kani see the old cracked cup?
Kani saw the old cracked cup near the kitchen sink.
3. Who were the guest to Kani’s home?
Kani's aunt Rani and her two year old son Anbu were the guests.
4. What did Kani realize in the story?
Kani realized that we should treat everyone equally with love and respect.
5. Do you think you treat everyone equally? Justify with an example.
Yes, I treat everyone equally. One of my classmates Mani comes from a poor family. He is shy and reserved. But I treat him equally and move with him freely. In fact, I treat him as my best friend.
LET US BUILD
Look at the words in pink.
The words vet, lab and zoo are called clipped words.
why such words needed?
Clipped words are a short form of a word, which makes them easier to spell and write.
Here are some more words
A. Math the clipped word and write it on the line.
1. spectacles : auto
2. microphone : maths
3. automobile : cent
4. mathematics : mic
5. centum : specs
1. spectacles : specs
2. microphone : mic
3. automobile : auto
4. mathematics : maths
5. centum : cent
B. Write down clipped words for the given pictures
cent, photo, fridge, hippo, gym
C. Write the correct clipped words on the line.
1. I saw him in the lab (laboratory).
2. I have exam (examination) next week.
3. She acted in the ad (advertisement) first time.
4. She bought a new fridge (refrigerator).
5. I saw some wild animals in the zoo (zoological park).