● A ratio is a comparison of two quantities by division.
● Ratios are often expressed as fractions in the simplest form.
● A ratio has no unit.
● The two quantities of a ratio should be in the same unit.
● Order of the terms in a ratio cannot be reversed.
● To get an equivalent ratio, multiply or divide the numerator and denominator by the same number.
● When two ratios are equal, they are said to be in proportion.
● The proportionality law states that the product of the extremes is equal to the product of the means.
● Finding the value of required number of units by knowing the value of one unit is known as unitary method.