![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Aim : To sort out a box of given buttons and classify them into different types. Materials Required : A box full of different types of buttons.
1. Take a box of given buttons.
2. Work in small groups of three or four and classify the buttons based on the following classification criteria.
ii. Buttons with four holes
iii. Buttons with two holes.
3. Identify other features that can be used to sort out buttons into different groups.
Fill up the blanks with the suitable organisms
1. Vertebrates man, dog and tiger.
2. Invertebrates earthworm, crab and snail.
3. Name the vertebrates with wings parrot, hen.
4. Name the invertebrates with wings butterfly, housefly.
5. Name the invertebrates with segmented legs crab, lobster.
6. Name the invertebrates with Jointed legs scorpion, spider.
7. Name the warm blooded vertebrates man, bear.
8. Name the cold blooded vertebrates fish, crocodile.
9. Name the vertebrates with lungs respiration goat, dog.
10. Name the animal with beak eagle.
Given table shows the name of the phylum and its characteristic features. Write name of the animals belonging to the respective phylum.
Phylum : Characters : Example
Porifera : Pore bearers : Spongilla
Coelenterata : Gastro vascular cavity : Hydra
Platyhelminthes : Flame cells : Tapeworm
Aschelminthes : Thread like worms : Ascaris lumbricoides
Annelida : Body is segmented : Earthworm
Arthropoda : Have jointed legs : Crab
Mollusca : Soft bodied with shells : Snail
Echinodermata : Spines on the skin : Starfish
Chordata : Have backbone : Man
Field trip to sanctuaries / zoo should be arranged. Students are guided to observe the animals and explain about the feature of animals how they are protected and maintained in the zoo. Note the displayed names of the plants and animals. Discuss your observation in the class
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.