![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Scope of Nursing in India
There was a time when professional nurses had very little choice of service because nursing was centered in the hospital and bedside nursing. Career opportunities are more varied now for a numbers of reasons. The lists of opportunities available are given as per Indian Nursing Council.
1. Staff Nurses: Nurses Provides direct patient care to one patient or a group of patients. She is directly responsible to the ward supervisor.
2. Ward sister or Nursing Supervisor: Nurse is responsible to the nursing superintendent for the nursing care management of a ward or unit.
3. Departmental supervisor/ Assistant Nursing Superintendent: Nurse is responsible to the nursing superintendent and deputy nursing superintendent for the nursing care management of more than one ward or unit. Example-Surgical department. Out-patient department.
4. Deputy Nursing superintendent: Nurse is responsible to the nursing superintendent and assists in the nursing administration of the hospital.
5. Nursing Superintendent: Nurse is responsible to the medical superintendent for safe and efficient management of hospital nursing services.
6. Director of Nursing: Nurse is responsible for both nursing services educations within a teaching hospital.
7. Community Health Nurse (CHN): Services rendered mainly focusing Reproductive child Health Programme, Health awareness and hygiene.
8. Teaching in Nursing: The functions and responsibilities of the teacher in nursing are planning, teaching and supervising the learning experiences of the students. There are various positions available in nursing education such as clinical instructor, tutor, senior tutor. Lecturer, Associate Professor & Professor in Nursing.
9. Industrial Nurse: Industrial nurses are providing first-aid, care during illness, health educations about industrial hazards and prevention of accidents
10. Military Nurse: military Nursing services became a part of the Indian Army by which means nurses became commissioned officers who are given rank from lieutenant to major general.
11. Nursing service abroad: Attractive salaries and promising professional opportunities which causes a major increase for nursing service in abroad.
12. Nursing service administrative positions: At the state level the Deputy Director of Nursing / Joint Director of Nursing at the state Health directorate. The highest administrative position on a national level is the Nursing Advisor to the Govt. Of India.
13. Nursing Education administrative position: At the state level is the Registrar.
Eligiblity for jobs in Abroad (Foreign Country)
Prometric (gulf countries), IELTS
1. Registered nurse (RN)
2. Licensed practical nurse (LPN)
3. Travel nurse
4. Nurse practitioner (NP)
5. Intensive care unit (ICU) registered nurse
6. Medical-surgical nurse.
7. Emergency room nurse
8. Operating room nurse or OR nurse
9. Home health nurse / community health Nurse
i. Urban area
ii. Rural Area
10. Nurse case manager
11. Post-anaesthesia care unit (PACU) nurse
12. Clinical nurse specialist
13. Telemetry nurse
14. Nurse manager
15. Staff nurse
16. Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) nurse
17. Dialysis nurse.
18. Paediatric nurse
19. Labour & delivery nurse
20. Cardiovascular nurse
21. Psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner
22. Radiology nurse
23. School nurse
24. Oncology nurse
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.