RECENT TRENDS IN COMMUNICATION – WEBSITE, EMAIL, MULTIMEDIA, E-LEARNING
Website: is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, typically identified with a common domain name, and published on at least one web server. A website may be accessible via a public
Internet Protocol (IP) network, such as the internet, or a private Local Area Network (LAN), by referencing a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that identifies the site.
There are millions of websites on the inter-net. They are used for almost every con-ceivable purpose including business, per-sonal and entertainment purposes. Some of the more common purposes of websites are described in the following section.
· Presenting information
· Storing information
· Browsing and searching for information
· Improving productivity
· Making decisions
· Communication with people
· Media sharing
· Downloading information
There are plenty of websites for children in India that specifically help children to deal with the educational system in India. Find out the list of best Indian educational websites for children.
i. Kidswebindia – kidswebindia.com
Is an educational website for children of all age group. This website focuses on most of all issues of Children. The website has resources and materials even for the age group 3 years. (For Example: Puzzles, Dental care, Nurs-ery rhymes)
ii. Chandamama – chandamama.com Is an educational website too as it helps children understand so much about Indian culture, ancient Indian histo-ry and tales. Additionally the website also has various learning section such ass drawing, contests, craft, essays and poems
iii. Indiaeducation – Indiaeducation. net is a educational site that primarily focuses on students of class 10th and class XX. This site provides help with various subjects of class X and Class XII dealing with all science, com-merce and arts. For X standard class, the site deals with all the CBSE and ICSE issues focusing on the syllabus, examination tip, exam stress, ideal prospects after class X, objective and faqs.
iv. Few of the best education websites for children in India like- Pitara.com, es-iksha.com, dimdima.com, ekidzee. com, indiaedu.com, vidyaonline.net, babloo.com
Email: Electronic main (email or e-mail) is a method of exchanging messages between people using electronic devices. Email messaging facility, e-mail can be read instantly.
· Information interchange
· Brain Storming and problem solving
· Record keeping
· Group work
· Staying in touch professionally
· Staying in touch socially
· Transmitting Documents
Multimedia: is content that uses a combina-tion of different content forms such as text, audio, images, animations, video and inter-active content. Multimedia contrasts with media that use only rudimentary computer displays such as text-only or traditional forms or printed or hand-produced material.
· A broad term for something that con-tains words to express something
· Text is the most basic element of mul-timedia
· A good choice of words could help con-vey the intended message to the users
· Used in contents, menus, navigational buttons.
· Is the technology of capturing, record-ing, processing, transmitting, and reconstructing moving pictures.
· Video is more towards photo realistic image sequence / live recording as in comparison to animation
· Video also takes a lot of storage space. So plan carefully before you are going to use it
· Produced by vibration, as perceived by the sense of hearing
· In multimedia, audio could come in the form of speech, sound effects and also music score
· The illusion of motion created by the consecutive display of images of static elements
· In multimedia, animation is used to further enhance / enriched the experi-ence of the user to further understand the information conveyed to them.
· Two-dimensional figure or illustration
· Could be produced manually (by drawing, painting, carving, etc.,) or by computer graphics technology.
· Used in multimedia to show more clearly what a particular information is all about (diagrams, picture)
Online: a product that needs to com-municate with distant resources and sometimes distant users (websites, mobile services)
Offline: a self-contained product, does not communicate with any-thing outside its immediate environ-ment (CD, DVD, Blu Ray, Multimedia kiosks)
Hybrid: Has elements of both on-and offline products, such as some com-puter games
E-learning: A learning system based on formalized teaching but with the help of electronic resources is known as E-learning.
Definition: Instructional content or learning experience delivered of enabled by Electronic Technologies (ong & Wang, 2003)
Technology-assisted learning and teach-ing (online and in class)
Content is delivered using various media such as text, images, animations, streaming videos, and audio
· Purely online –no face to-face meetings
· Blended learning – combination of online and face –to-face
· Instructor-led group
· Self-study with subject matter expert
· Computer-based (CD-ROM)
· Video/audio tape
· Focuses on needs of learner, not ability of trainer
· Flexibility of learning
· Effective use of time for both employee & trainer
· Economies of scale for all parties
· Technology can expand reach and range of traditional learning faculties