* Map reading is an act of interpreting or understanding the geographic information portrayed on a map
* A cadastral map refers to a map that shows the boundaries and ownership of land within a specified area.
* A thematic map is a map that focuses on a specific theme or subject area.
* Map: A map is a two dimensional representation of the earth as a whole or part of the earth drawn with a specific scale on a flat surface புவிப்படம்
* Cartography: Cartography is the science and art of map-making நிலவரைபடவியல்
* Map Scale: Map scale refers to the relationship (or ratio) between distance on a map and the corresponding distance on the ground. புவிப்பட அளவை
* Cadastre: ‘Register of Territorial property’ காணிப் புவிப்பட பதிவேடு
1. T.P. Kanetkar and S.V.Kulkarni , Surveying and leveling Part-I, AVG Ptakashan –Poona-2.
2. GRP Lawrence, Cartographic methods, Methuen and Co- Ltd. 1971.
3. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Govt of India, Refrence Annual -1976.
Through this activity you will know about map skills
Step – 1: Open the Browser and type the URL given below (or) Scan the QR Code.
Step – 2: Click on “Map Skills” and select any topic (ex.Scale)
Step – 3: Click on Next or previous button to know about mapping scale
Web URL: http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/mapzone
* Pictures are indicatives only.
* If browser requires, allow Flash Player or Java Script to load the pag