READ AND UNDERSTAND
A. Choose the correct answers. You may choose more than one answer if needed.
1. The ___________________ is a biological relative of tortoises.
a. sea turtle
Answer: sea turtle
2. In India’s coastal waters we can see a species of ___________________.
b. sea turtles
Answer: sea turtles
3. Sea turtles come to the shore to___________________.
a. visit their birth place
b. lay eggs
c. go back to sea
Answer: lay eggs
4. It is a problem for sea turtles to come ashore because ___________________.
a. they find it difficult to walk on sand
b. they don’t know their way to the shore
c. animals and people hunt them
Answer: they find it
difficult to walk on sand
5. A turtle’s flippers help it to ___________________.
b. dig a nest
6. A sea turtle camouflages its nest by tossing sand on it to ___________________.
a. hide its eggs from predators
b. incubate eggs in the warmth of the sun
c. keep the hatchlings safe
Answer: incubate eggs
in the warmth of the sun