![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Three elements of quality statements are :
a. Vision statement,
b. Mission statement, and
c. Quality policy statement What is Vision Statement?
1. The vision statement is a short declaration of what on organization aspires to be tomorrow.
2. It is the ideal state that might never be reached; but on which one will work hard continuously to achieve. Successful visions provide a brief guideline for decision making.
3. The vision statement should be coined in such a way that the leaders and the employees working in the organization should work towards the achievements of the vision statement.
4. An example of a simple vision statement is :
“To continuously enrich knowledge base of practitioners in mobility industry and institutions in the service of humanity”. – Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
What is Mission Statement?
1. The mission statement, describes the function of the organization. It provides a clear statement of purpose for employees, customers, and suppliers.
2. The mission statement answers the following questions : who we are?; who are our customers? ; what we do?; and how we do it?
3. An example of a simple mission statement is :
“Concern for the ultimate customers – millions of customers Concern for the intermediate customers – the trade
Concern for the suppliers – the sources of raw materials and ancillaries Concern for the employees – the most valued asset
Concern for the competitors – wishing them well as healthy competition ultimately benefits the customers.
Concern for the shareholders – the investing public Concern for the national aspiration – India’s future!”
- ITC Limited
What is Quality Policy Statement?
· The quality policy is a guide for everyone in the organization as to how they provide products and service to the customers.
· It should be written by the CEO with feedback from the workforce and be approved by the quality council.
· A quality policy is a important requirement of ISO 9000 quality systems.
· An example of a simple quality policy statement is:
“Xerox is a quality company. Quality is the basic business principle for Xerox. Quality means providing our external and internal customers with innovative products and services that fully satisfy their requirements. Quality is the job of every employee”.
It is a short declaration of what an organization aspires to be tomorrow.
Disney Theme Park - Happiest place on earth
Polaroid - Instant photography
Ø Successful visions provide a guideline for decision making
It answers the following questions
Ø Who we are?
Ø Who are the customers?
Ø What we do?
Ø How we do it?
It describes the function of the organization. It provides a clear statement of purpose for employees, customers & suppliers
A simpler mission statement is
“To meet customers transportation and distribution needs by being the best at moving their goods on time, safely and damage free”
- National Railways
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
It is guide for everyone in the organization as to how they should provide products and services to the customers.
Common characteristics are
Ø Quality is first among equals
Ø Meet the needs of the internal & external customers
Ø Equal or exceed competition
Ø Continuously improve the quality
Ø Utilize the entire workforce
Ex: Xerox is a quality company. Quality is the basic business principle for Xerox. Quality means providing our external and internal customers with innovative products and services that fully satisfy their requirements.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.