![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Points to remember
* Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) is a mixture of electrolytes, sugar, and water taken by mouth to absorb water and electrolytes in the body and properly restore the electrolyte and find balance lost by excessive sweating, vomiting or diarrhea,
* ORS is an effective treatment for 90 – 95% of patients suffering from diarrhea, regardless of the cause.
* Antacid is one that neutralize stomach acid
* Medications, drugs, substances used to treat and cure diseases, and to promote health.
* Some micro organisms and plants produce their own toxic substances. These substances those help to destroy other living things are called as antibiotics.
* The chemical process in which a substance reacts with oxygen to produce heat is called combustion
* Flame is a zone of combustion of a combustible substance. Substances which vapourise during burning produce flames. E.g. Wax, Kerosene.
* The minimum temperature at which a substance catches fire and burns is called its ignition temperature.
* The amount of heat energy produced on complete combustions of 1kg of fuel is called its calorific value.
* A fire extinguisher cut off the supply of air or bring down the temperature of the fuel or
* both and controls the fire.
CHEMISTRY IN DAILY LIFE
Explore the activity to know about Flame test.
Step 1: Use the URL or scan the QR code to open the activity page.
Step 2: Use the platinum wire to scoop up chemicals, and then put them in the flame to see how each chemical changes the flame’s colour.
Step 3: Press the space bar to select the new chemical.
Chemistry in daily life URL:
*Pictures are indicative only
*If browser requires, allow Flash Player or Java Script to load the page.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.