Up to 20% of the population have symptoms of allergic rhinitis, which include nasal congestion, itching, sneezing, and discharge.
· Identify seasonality of the symptoms and history of atopy.
· Take a history of environmental exposures such as parental smoking, pets, dust mite, stuffed toys, carpet, bedding, etc.
· mouth breathing;
· postnasal drip;
· nose rubbing;
· suborbital venous congestion;
· watery-red eyes.
· Skin tests for specific antigens.
· Specific serum IgE measurements.
· Dust covers on bedding.
· Avoid stuffed toys.
· Intranasal steroids