• OPERATIONAL CRM involves the areas where direct customer contact occurs. These interactions are referred to as customer touch points.
• Company maximize the process of gathering and understanding customer information from all touch points.( eg: call centers, point of sales, web etc.)
• Touch point classification:
1. Face to Face touch points: sales/service/channel/events/stores/promotions
2. Database-Driven Touch-points: telephone/e-mail/mail/SMS/Fax/loyal
3. Mass Media: Advertising /public relations/Website.
1 APPLICATION OF OPERATIONAL CRM
1. MARKETING AUTOMATION: It is automatically focused on automating marketing processes. In marketing campaign management involves marketers to use customer specific information to determine, evaluate and develop communication that are targeted to customers in individual as well as multi level or multi channel environment.
Campaigns developed to communicate customers individually are easy and involves unique and direct communication.
2. SALES FORCE AUTOMATION:
The main part of CRM is not only deal with existing customer. It also try to acquire new customers also. The process starts with identification of customers, maintaining all correspondence details into the CRM system.
This process includes generation of lead and qualifying those leads into prospects. Business people following up the customer continuously and convert them into a winning deal. Automation of selling process is effectively handle by salesforce automation, which automates all the methodologies or sales cycle.
3. SERVICE AUTOMATION-
It deals with managing organizations service. The actual interaction with the customers such as contact, direct sales, direct mail, call center , web sites and blogs etc.. are examples of operational CRM.
Each interactions with the customer can be collected to the client database generally known as customers history.
This helps to assess a clear view of customer needs such as products owned, prior support calls etc.
Basis of the information, if e customer required the customer can easily be contacted at the right time at the right place.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OPERATIONAL CRM