![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Social Science : Economics
AGRICULTURE IN TAMILNADU
1. Irrigated land surface out of cultivated land is.
Answer : b) 57%
2. Out of the following which is not a food crop?
Answer : d) Coconut
3. The productivity of paddy during the year 2014-2015
a) 3039 kg
b) 4,429 kg
c) 2,775 kg
d) 3,519 kg
Answer : b) 4429 kg
4. Both agricultural productivity and food productivity has
b) Not stable
c) Remained stable
Answer : d) Increased
5. The North-east monsoon period in Tamilnadu
a) August - October
b) September - November
c) October - December
d) November - January
Answer : c) October – December
1. The major occupation of people in Tamilnadu is Agriculture
2. Tamilnadu receives rainfall all from the North - east monsoon.
3. The total geographical area of Tamilnadu is One crore 30 lakh and 33 thousand hectares.
III. Match the following
1. Non food crops – a. 79,38000
2. Dhal – b. less than 1 hectare of cultivable land
3. North east monsoon – c. October - December
4. Small farmers – d. Urad Dal, Toor Dal, Green grams
5. No. of farmers in 2015- 2016 – e. Coconut, Channa
1. Non food crops : 2016 - Coconut, Channa
2. Dhal : Urad Dal, Toor Dal, Green grams
3. North east monsoon : October – December
4. Small farmers : less than 1 hectare of cultivable land
5. No. of farmers in 2015- 2016 : 79,38000
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.