Managerial Skills Development
• Overall development in a person
• Not only improvement in job performance, but also improvement in knowledge, personality, behavior of executive
• Focus more on personal growth
• Executive development improves job performance as well as job behavior
• Understands cause & effect relationships, synthesize from experience, visualizes relationship & thinks logically
• Executive/ Managerial development is a systematic process of growth and development by which the managers develop their abilities to manage.
• It is concerned with improving the performance of the manager by giving them opportunities to grow.
Objectives of Executive Development Programs
• To over haul the management skills
• To improve the performance of the managers
• To identify the person with the required potential and prepare them for senior positions.
• To increase morale of the members of the management group.
• To increase versatility of the management group.
• To keep the executives abreast with the changes and developments in their respective fields.
Executive Development Process
• Identifying Development Needs- how many & what type of executives-org, individual needs
• Appraisal of Present Managerial Talent – assessment is made to compare with the standard expected from him
• Inventory of Executive man power
– Age, education, experience, qualification
– Strengthens, weakness in certain functions related to org needs
• Developing development programmes
– Skill development, changing attitudes & knowledge acquisition
• Conducting Development Programmes- participating
• Evaluating development Programmes
– Appraise the effectiveness, highlight weakness
METHODS OF EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT
• on the job development
• Under this method, the manager is placed on a regular job and the necessary skill is taught to perform the job efficiently. On the job training has the advantage of giving first hand knowledge and experience under the actual working condition
• Executive Development Methods
ON THE JOB
OFF THE JOB
In Basket Exercise
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.