![if !IE]> <![endif]>
MAJOR CHILDHOOD PROBLEMS
A child’s development is usually continuous, but temporary pauses may occur. Common disorders of the children are.
Children abandoned by their families present severe social and health problems.
Behavioural problem is characterised by a significant deviation from the socially accepted normal behaviour.
· Faulty parental attitude.
· Inadequate family environment
· Mentally and physically sick or handicapped children
· Influence of social relationship
· Influence of mass media
a) Feeding problems:
b) Habit disorders
Lack of physical activity
c) Sleep problems
d) Adjustment problems
e) Anti social problems
• Warm and understanding family environment communication between family members should be direct.
· Deal with emotional disturbances at the earliest.
· Behavioural therapy.
· Positive reinforcement
· Relaxation therapy
· Referral to child guidance clinic
· Drug therapy.
Despite the best child proofing and safety efforts childhood accidents sometimes happens. The examples are
· Choking, strangulation and suffocation.
· Common injuries
· Mishandling guns and cars
Call an ambulance if the child shows the following after accidents.
· Vomited and drowsy
· Unstopped bleeding from cut or ear
· Severe pain
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.