Lifestyle disorders in human beings
The old saying that “health is wealth” is truly applicable to human beings. With the changes in life style, there are many emerging medical conditions and diseases that are reducing human longevity. Life style disorder result due to activities involving smoking, alcohol and drug abuse, consuming high fat diet, lack of exercise or living a latent life.
The World Health Organization (WHO) in its report cautions a slow moving public health disaster due to life style disorders in the form of non-communicable diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular and lung diseases. WHO believes that not thousands but millions of people die every year within the age group of thirty to sixty due to life style related disorders.
The following facts will help in better understanding of life style disorders.
· Life style disorder causes cardiovascular diseases resulting in 31 percent of global deaths.
· The sedentary life style also causes deficiency of vitamins such as vitamin D resulting in fatigue, tiredness, back pain, depression, bone loss, muscle pain, etc,
· Life style disorder also includes social isolation resulting in age related problems.
· Eating junk foods that have high caloric values, rich in carbohydrates and fat can lead to obesity and early health issues.
· Consumption of processed and packaged food, which lacks in fiber may result in constipation.
· Several people today complain of irritable bowel syndrome with stomach discomfort or pain and trouble with bowel movements, causing diarrhoea. The main cause of irritable bowel syndrome is stress and other illnesses.
· Avoid eating junk food and foods that have preservatives and colouring agents.
· Physical exercises such as brisk walking and yoga can be done regularly.
· Following medical advice, if any health problems in addition to life style disorders.
· To avoid smoking drugs and drinking alcohol.
· To follow a healthy balanced diet rich in vitamins and proteins.
· 7 – 8 hours of sleep every day is required.
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.