![if !IE]> <![endif]>
1. What is equipment health monitoring?
Conditions monitoring is one of the maintenance methods which are used to assess the health and condition of equipments machines, systems or process by absorbing checking, measuring and monitoring several parameters. This technique is also called as equipment health monitoring.
2. List down the factors for increasing the demand condition monitoring
1. Increased quality expectations reflected in produces liability legislation
2. Increased automation to improve profitability and maintain competitiveness
3. Increased safety and reliability expectations
4. Increased cost of maintenance due to labour and material cost.
3. List down the key features of condition monitoring.
1. Links between cause and effect
2. Systems with sufficient response
3. Mechanisms for objective data assessment
4. Benefits outweighing cost
5. Data storage and review facilities.
4. Write down the basic steps in condition monitoring.
1. Identifying critical systems
2. Selecting suitable techniques for condition monitoring
3. Setting baselines
4. Data collection
5. Data assessment
6. Fault diagnosis and repair
7. System review
5. What are three types of condition monitoring
a. Subjective condition
monitoring b. Minimized breakdown costs
c. Improved morality of the operating personnel and safety.
6.State the advantages and disadvantages and disadvantages of condition monitoring.
1. Improved availability of equipment
2. Minimized breakdown cost
3. Improved reliability Disadvantages
1. Gives only marginal benefits
2. Increased running cost
3. Sometimes difficult to organize
7. Mention the various costs involved in costing of condition monitoring mainly I. Installation cost
II. Operating cost
8. State the methods of measuring vibration
9. Name the types of pyrometers.
1. Total radiation pyrometers
2. Infra red pyrometers
3. Optical radiation pyrometers
10.Mention the application of bimetallic strip.
1. Bimetallic strips are frequently used in simple ON – OFF switches.
2. The bimetal strips are also used in control switches.
11.List down the features of RTD.
1. High degree of accuracy
2. Resistance thermometer is interchangeable in a process without compensation or recalibration.
12.State the application and limitation of thermisters. Applications:
1. It is used for varying temperatures
2. it is used in time delay circuits
3. Thermistors are used for temperature compensation.
13.What are two main types of infrared themography?
1. Passive thermography
2. Active thermography
14.What are the principles very important for the study of eddy current test .
iii. Material thickness
iv. Edge effect and end effect
v. Lift off
vi. Fill factor
15.Describe the limitation of eddy current test.
The main limitation is the low penetration of parts being examined, using limited to thin walls or near surface flaws. It is difficult to use on ferromagnetic materials. False indications are possible because of mixed variables, edge effects and lift-off effects. Extensive technical knowledge is required for the development of inspection procedures, specific probes and to interpret the inspection data.
16.Mention th effect of X-rays to human body?
Injuries to superficial tissue
II. General effects on the body, particularly the blood forming organs; eg. Producers of anema and leukerma
III. Induction of mahgnant tumors.
IV. Genetic effects.
17.What are the limitations of ultrasonic test?
a. Unfavorable geometries and coarse anisotropic grain structures are difficult to inspect.
b. extensive technical knowledge is required for the development of inspection procedure.
c. Parts that are rough, irregular in shape, very small or thin or not homogenous are difficult to examine, specific probes and to interpret the inspection data.
18.Name some of the methods of leakage monitoring.
1. Interstitial monitoring
2. level monitoring
3. Vapor monitoring
4. Liquid Monitoring
19.Define see back effect?
The basic principle of thermocouple is ‘when two dissimilar metals are joined together and emf will exist between the two points A and B, which is primarily a function of the junction temperature. The above said to be principle of see back effect.
20.State the various methods of corrosion monitoring?
d. Weight loss method
e. Electrical resistance method
f. linear polarization method
g. corrosion potential measurement
h. Ultrasonic testing
i. Sentinel hole method.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.