SUPER STRUCTURE CONSTRUCION
1.What are the uses of offshore platform?
§ The uses of offshore platform are:
· Connect the offshore pipeline grid.
· Provide an efficient means to platform maintenance
· Locate compression,separation,production handling and other facilities.
· Conduct drilling operations during the initial development phase of an oil and natural gas property.
· Oil & gas exploration
· Navigation aid towers.
· Bridges and causeways
· Ship loading & unloading facilities.
2. What are the types of offshore platforms?
§ The types of offshore platforms are:
· Converted jackup barges
· Fixed tower structures
· Tension leg platforms (TLP's)
· Stationary floating SPAR's
3. What are the classifications of bridge?
§ Segmental bridges are in two general categories.They are:
· Precast bridge
· Cable bridge
· A cable stayed bridge is suspended by multiple cables.Main component of cable stayed bridge are inclined cables,towers,piers and the deck.The cable stayed deck is in compression,pulled towards the towers,and has to be stiff at all stages of construction and use.
4. What are skyscrapers?
· Skyscrapers are the multistoried building.The construction of multi-storied building dependenton availability of materials,technology and the availability of services like elevators.
5. Give the uses of silos.
· Silos are used to store large quantities of granular bulk solids and to store the green crops and converting them into sillage.
6. What are the types of cooling tower?
The types of cooling tower are :
· Mechanical draft cooling tower
· Natural draft cooling tower
7. What is Transmission Tower?
§ Transmission tower is a steel structure constructed to transmit the signals.Generally ,it is used as
§ towers for Television,Radio & Cell phones.