![if !IE]> <![endif]>
After studying this chapter the students will be able to,
• Understand the Antigen Antibody reactions
• Know the principle behind Western Blot techniques
• Learn about Hypersensitivity
• Gain knowledge about Transplantation
• Know Immunization/Vaccination
• Appreciate the Updated National Immunization Schedule chart.
1. Antigen Antibody Reactions
2. Western Blot Techniques
16. Updated National Immunization Schedule Chart
The immune system refers to a collection of cells and proteins that function to protect the skin, respiratory passages, intestinal tract and other areas from foreign antigens, such as microbes (organisms such as bacteria, fungi, and parasites), viruses, cancer cells, and toxins. The immune system works by recognising the difference between one’s own body cells and alien cells, allowing it to destroy anything that could be potentially harmful. Immune deficiency diseases decrease the body’s ability to fight invaders, causing vulnerability to infections. In the previous year, we have elaborately discussed with the main components and function of the immune system. This chapter deals with the role of Immune system in both health and disease.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.