![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Highlights of Tamil Nadu Economy
· Growth of SGDP in Tamil Nadu has been among the fastest in India since 2005.
· Poverty reduction in Tamil Nadu has been faster than that in many other States.
· Tamil Nadu contains a smaller proportion of India’s poor population.
· Tamil Nadu is the second largest contributor to India’s GDP.
· Tamil Nadu ranks 3rd in Human Development Index (source: UNDP-2015)
· Tamil Nadu ranks 3rd in terms of invested capital (Rs.2.92 lakh crore) and value of total industrial output (Rs.6.19 lakh crore).
· Tamil Nadu ranks first among the states in terms of number of factories with 17% share and industrial workers (16% share) of the country.
· Tamil Nadu is placed third in health index as per the NITI AAYOG report.
· Tamil Nadu has a highest Gross Enrolment Ratio in higher education.
· Tamil Nadu has the largest number of engineering colleges
· Tamil Nadu has emerged as a major hub for renewable energy.
· Tamil Nadu has highest credit Deposit Ratio in commercial and Cooperative banks.
· has highest ranks first on investment proposals filed by MSMEs.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.