![if !IE]> <![endif]>
I. Read the situation given. Write the response of the subject in a sentence. Tick the correct box to identify the kind of sentences.
D- Declarative; In- Interrogative; E- Exclamatory; Im- Imperative :: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Example: (Vendor) while weighing the fruits
How many kilos do you want? [ ] ☑ [ ] [ ]
1. (Children) while eating ice-cream
How delicious the ice-cream is! [ ] [ ] ☑ [ ]
2. (Teacher) while noticing students talking in the classroom
Stop talking [ ] [ ] [ ] ☑
3. (Waiter) while attending a new customer
What can I do for you ? [ ] ☑ [ ] [ ]
4. (Student) while introducing oneself
I am Peter of Std, VI
A. ☑ [ ] [ ] [ ]
5. (Tourist) while visiting the Taj Mahal
How wonderful of Taj Mahal
is! [ ] [ ] ☑ [ ]
6. (TTR) while checking the tickets of passengers
Please give me your ticket. [ ] [ ] [ ] ☑
7. (Critic) while writing a review of a book
It's quite interesting. ☑ [ ] [ ] [ ]
8. (Receptionist) while attending to a guest in the hotel
What else do your need,
sir? [ ] ☑ [ ] [ ]
II. Look at the pictures given below. Arrange the jumbled words into a sentence. Write the sequence of the sentences according to the pictures in the blanks given. Pick the adjectives from the sentences and write them below the picture.
1. order/a yummy, round and big cake/her parents
Her parents order a yummy,
round and big cake.
2. her/a wonderful doll/present/Madhu’s friends/with
Madhu's friends present
her with a wonderful doll.
3. which falls on Sunday/for her birthday celebration/ Madhu/her close friends/invites
Madhu invites her close
friends for her birthday which falls on Sunday.
4. welcome/she and her parents/with a broad smile/their/guests
She and her parents welcome
their guests with a broad smile.
5. enjoyed the day/felt/happy and/Madhu and her parents
Madhu and her parents
felt happy and enjoyed the day.
6. the house with colourful balloons/her parents/to decorate/and attractive cartoon
Her parents decorate the
house with colourful balloons and attractive cartoon.
7. pink/Madhu/frock/wears/on her/birthday/a long.
Madhu wears a long pink
frock on her birthday.
Arranging the sentences in a sequence :
1. Madhu invites her close friends for her birthday which falls on Sunday.
2. Her parents order a yummy, round and big cake.
3. Madhu wears a long pink frock on her birthday.
4. Her parents decorate the house with colourful balloons and attractive cartoon.
5. She and her parents welcome their guests with a broad smile.
6. Madhu's friends present her with a wonderful doll.
7. Madhu and her parents felt happy and enjoyed the day.
III. Frame as many sentences as possible from the substitution table given below.
Example: I enjoy playing badminton and carrom daily.
1. We prefer playing cricket and table-tennis everyday.
2. You like watching badminton and table-tennis often.
3. They enjoy playing kho-kho and chess generally.
4. Samritha hates coaching basketball or fencing daily.
5. Kavish enjoys playing hockey or chess occasionally.
IV. Read the sentence, insert appropriate articles in the blanks and circle/Underline the noun phrases.
1. Sujatha is reading an interesting story in the library.
2. Vishal drew a wonderful picture on the board yesterday.
3. Srinath and Sandhya were bored at the awful concert.
4. Purvaja ate a salad of raw vegetables for dinner.
5. Suresh was astonished to see the huge statue.
6. The child was playing with a yellow balloon.
V. Complete the dialogue by using suitable adjectives in the blanks.
Sinduja: Hi! Venkat. Hope you received the message about our school’s sports day.
Venkat: Hmmm…! Yes… I was the only one to enrol my name in the events.
Sinduja: So, tell me for how many events have you enrolled?
Venkat: I have enrolled myself only in a few events.
Sinduja: What are they?
Venkat: As I am tall, I have given my name for long jump and running events.
Sinduja: That’s good to hear.
Venkat: What about you, Sinduja?
Sinduja: I have decided to participate in all the events.
Venkat: Hey!! That’s fine. Expecting the best from you.
Sinduja: Thank you so much Venkat. Wish you the same. Let’s rock.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.