![if !IE]> <![endif]>
General Etiquettes in Food Service Operation
The guest or the customer is the most important person in a food service oper-ation and there are certain general rules or etiquettes to be followed so that the customer is satisfied. The following are some basic etiquettes:
· Receive the guests with smile as soon as they enter the restaurant.
· Wish them good morning, good after-noon, good evening, and good night based on the time of the day.
· Help the ladies to sit by pulling the chair.
· Serve water as soon as guests are seated.
· Present the menu card.
· Help the children below 5 years with babysitting chairs.
· Take orders of food from the guest, who will pay the bill.
· Inform the guest the time required to serve the food.
· Serve preplated food from right hand side and if not preplated to serve indi-vidual items from left hand side.
· Be attentive to guest’s tables.
· Fulfill the requirements of the custom-ers quickly.
· Clear the used or soiled plates from the right side of the customer.
· Present the bill.
· Accompany the guest to the door politely and send them off.
· Then clear and reset the table.
· Do not interrupt when the guests are taking food.
· Do not over hear conversation.
· Do not argue with the guests even though they may be wrong.
· Do not touch hair or nose, mouth while in service.
· Do not solicit for tips.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.