Scope of Food Service Management
Food service management has a wide scope in the present day and in the future as well. Globalization, mod-ern fast paced lifestyle and changing eating habits are some of the rea-sons for the growth of food service opera-tions. People eating outside are increasing day by day and customers look for food which is healthy and safe.
Food service management is needed whether a food service operation is small, medium or large. Keeping these fac-tors in mind, the scope and prospects for food service management are listed below:
· Become an entrepreneur in running a food service operation successfully.
· Manage to run a food service operation Establish linkages with corporates and industries to provide food “on con-tract basis”.
· Manage food services in hospitals like dietaries and canteens.
· Set up food preservation and bakery units.
· Establish a snack bar/kiosk with nutri-tious foods like salads, fresh juices and herbal drinks.
· Become a teacher in schools and in colleges.
· Become an event manager to meet the needs of food and beverages for vari-ous events.
· Develop food products and become a food designer.
· Work in airline, railway and ship cater-ing services.
· Design and develop new cuisines
· Create employment opportunities for many and
· Provide good and healthy food to the community.