Features of MBO
1. An attempt is made by the management to integrate the goals of an organisation and individuals. This will lead to effective management.
2. MBO tries to combine the long run goals of organisation with short run goals.
3. Management tries to relate the organisation goals with society goals.
4. MBO’s emphasis is not only on goals but also on effective performance.
5. It pays constant attention to refining, modifying and improving the goals and changing the approaches to achieve the goals on the basis of experience.
6. It increases the organisational capability of achieving goals at all levels.
7. A high degree of motivation and satisfaction is available to employees through MBO.
8. Recognises the participation of employees in goal setting process.
9. Aims at replacing the exercise of authority with consultations.
10. Encourages a climate of trust, goodwill and a will to perform.