![if !IE]> <![endif]>
IV. Distinguish between
Density of Population
• Density of population is expressed as number of persons per sq. km.
• In India the most densely populated state is Bihar.
• The state with least population density is Arunachal Pradesh.
Growth of Population
• Growth of population refers to an increase or decrease of population of an area from one period to another period.
• In India the most populous state is Uttar Pradesh.
• Sikkim is the least populous state of India.
• The exchange of information between the individuals is called personal communication.
• It includes post and telegraph services, telephone, mobile phone, short message services, fax, internet, e-mail etc.
• It enable the user to establish direct contact.
• It helps to sent messages.
• Mass communication helps millions of people to get the information at the same time.
• It includes radio, television, news paper etc.
• Direct contact is not possible.
• It helps to create awareness among the people on national policies and programmes.
• We get information through printed materials.
• It includes newspapers, journals and magazines.
• Newspapers carry information on local, national and international events to the people.
• We get information through electronic gadgets.
• It includes radio, television and internet.
• It broadcasts programmes related to information, education and entertainment.
• Roadways are the cost efficient and most universal mode of transport
• Roads play an important role in carrying goods and passengers for short, medium and long distances.
• Construction and maintenance of roads is cheap.
• India has the second longest road network in the world.
• Indian railway system is the main artery of the country's inland transport.
• Railways cater to the needs of large scale movement of goods and passengers.
• Construction and maintenance of railroads is costlier.
• Indian railways network is the second largest in the world.
• Water ways is the oldest and cheapest means of transport.
• It is most suitable for carrying heavy and bulky materials from one country to another.
• It is a fuel efficient and environment friendly mode of transport.
• The two types of waterways are inland waterways and ocean waterways.
• Airways are the quickest, costliest, most modern and comfortable means of transport.
• They carry passengers, freight and mail.
• It is not fuel efficient.
• The two types of airways are Domestic Airways and International Airways.
• The trade carried on within the domestic territory of a country is internal trade.
• It is also called Domestic trade (or) Local trade.
• Land transport plays a major role.
• Local currency is used.
• Trade carried on between two or more countries is international trade.
• It is also called External trade (or) Foreign trade.
• Waterways and Airways play a vital role.
• Foreign currency is involved.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.