![if !IE]> <![endif]>
DISEASE TRANSMITTED THROUGH PARASITES
Parasites are organisms that live of another organism, they host to survive. They grow, reproduce, or invade organ system, so that the host becomes sick, due to parasitic infection.
Parasitic infection caused by three types of organism:
Malaria is a life - threatening disease it is transmitted through the bite of an infected anopheles mosquito. The mosquitoes carry the plasmodium parasite that parasite is released into bloodstream.
· Plasmodium vivax
· plasmodium Ovale
· plasmodium malariae
· plasmodium falciparum
· 9 to 14days
· Organ transplant
· Blood transfusion
· Fever with chills
· Cerebral Malaria
· Organ failure
· Low blood Sugar
Mosquito control methods
Filariasis is a tropical disease is caused by mosquitoes, and it infect the body through tiny filarial worms.
· Wuchereria bancrofti
· Brugia malayi
· Brugia Himori
· 10-14 days
· Swelling of the genitals and extremities
· Severe inflammation of the skin
· Inflammation of the lymphatic vessels
· Elephantiasis / Lymphatic Filariasis
· Quantitative blood count (QBC)
· Immuno chromatographic test ( ICI)
· Serological test
· Antihistamines or corticosteroids can reduce allergic reactions
· DEC (Diethylczartamazine)
· Control of mosquito
· Refrain from going outdoors
· Sleep inside the insecticide – treated mosquitoes net
· Cover yourself with full sleeves
· Avoid using strong perfume or cologne which draw the Mosquitoes.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.