Counselling to dyslexia:
Personalized training for dyslexics and Counselling to their families is of utmost importance upon completion and evaluation of initial diagnostic interview a systematic program in designed to include
1. Identifying and utilizing personal resources
2. Using community based clinical and support services
3. Developing speech and communication skills
4. A one to one academic support services
5. Tutoring and overall preparation
6. Preparing them with the techniques for career related quality in exams
7. Programs that encompasses family and group interaction and together.
8. Increasing their battered self esteem.
The frequent National conference on Learning Disabilities in Chennai, proposed a series of measures to help the learning disabled children. Helping these children is the collective responsibility of the government, parents, teachers and school management.
School managements need to recognise the enormity of the problem after all 10 % of children in each school and help them with scholastic backward.
1. National Council of Education and Research and Training (NCERT)
2. Regional Institute of Education (RIE)
3. National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Science (NIMHANS)
4. National Institute of Mentally Handicapped (NIMH)
5. All India Institute of Speech and Hearing Handicapped (AIISH)
Department of special education in various organisations need to take a more practical and urgent role in helping these children. Schools should obtain special provision such as exemption from learning more than one language, provision for scribes for written examination.