Judiciary plays a crucial role in a democratic state. Judiciary is the custodian of the Constitution and guardian of fundamental rights. India, the largest representative democracy of the world possesses a well-structured and independent judicial system.
* Sadar Diwani Adalat and Sadar Nizamat Adalat were established at Allahabad.
* Lok Adalat was set up to provide speedy justice.
* The E–Courts project was established in 2005.
* According to the Constitution of India, the Supreme Court is the guardian of the Constitution
1. Litigation: the process of taking legal action வழக்கு
2. Writ: a form of written command in the name of legal authority நீதிப்பேராணை
3. Lok Adalat: peoples court மக்கள்நீதிமன்றம்
4. Judicial Review: receiving the laws by the court நீதிபுனராய்வு
1.Durga Das Basu - Introduction to the Constitution of India, Wardhe and Company, Agra, 2004.
2.M. V. Pylee - An Introduction to the Constitution of India, Vikas Publishing House, Bombay, 2007.
3.Subash Kashyap - Our Constitution, National Book Trust, New Delhi, 2013.
4.J.C. Johari - Indian Polity, Lotus Press, New Delhi, 1998.