![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Comparison between Traditional Commerce and E-Commerce
E-Commerce isn’t just commerce anymore. Even though they share the primary principle of buying and selling goods and services, there is a difference between traditional commerce and E-Commerce.
Table 15.1 Traditional vs E-Commerce
● Traditional commerce is buying or selling of products and services physically.
● Customer can face to face identify, authenticate and talk to the merchant.
● Physical stores are not feasible to be open at all times.
● Products can be inspected physically before purchase.
● Scope of business is limited to particular area.
● Resource focus Supply side.
● Business Relationship is Linear.
● Marketing is one way marketing.
● Payment is made by cash, cheque, cards etc.
● Most goods are delivered instantly.
● E-Commerce carries out commercial transactions electronically on the Internet.
● Neither customer nor merchant see the other.
● It is always available on all time and all days of the year.
● Products can’t be inspected physically before purchase.
● Scope of business is global. Vendors can expand their business Worldwide.
● Resource focus Demand side.
● Business Relationship is End-to-end.
● One-to-one marketing.
● Payment system is mostly through credit card, debit card or fund transfer.
● It takes time to transport goods.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.