· This plant belonging to family Cucurbitaceae grows wild all over the country.
· branched, and hirsute. Leaves are usually triangular in shape, 5–7 lobed, pale green
· Fruits are globular, 3 to 4 inches in diameter, variegated green and white, with a dry, spongy, bitter pulp (Fig 10.9).
· Seeds are 4 to 6 mm long and pale brown in colour.
· The root is bitter and pungent, and is used as a folk remedy for various ailments.
1. Dried fruit pulp is used as a purgative by rural folk.
2. Root is used by quacks for the treatment of jaundice, rheu-matism, constipation, etc.
Fruit, root, leaf.
Vomiting, diarrhoea, hypotension, shock.
Decontamination: Stomach wash, activated charcoal.
IV fluids, dopamine.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.