![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Collection of data
We need to collect data having the specific information in our mind. Suppose the specific information needed by us is to know the height of class VII students, then we should collect specific data related to their heights and ages rather than the data related to health record of students.
From the above discussion, we conclude that the purpose for which a data is to be collected has to be kept in mind before starting the process of data collection. Then only we can get the desired information, which is appropriate to the purpose. Let us look into a few situations that are given below.
Data can be generated in many situations around us. For example,
● The height of class VII students.
● The performance of class VII students in the term II examinations.
● The number of trees planted in your locality.
● The highest temperatures recorded in all the major cities of India during the year 2018.
● The least amount of rainfall recorded in all the districts of Tamil Nadu during the year 2018.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.