![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Characteristics of Decision Making
1. Decision making is a goal-oriented process. It aims at achieving certain specified goals of the organisation.
2. Decision making is a selection process
3. in which best alternative course of action is chosen from amongst alternative courses of action.
4. Decision making is a continuous process because a manager is required to take decisions continuously for different activities.
5. Decision making is considered both an art and a science.
6. Decision making is the responsibility of managers at different levels of management.
7. Decision making involves deep and careful thinking and hence it is a mental process.
8. Decision making can be both positive and negative (i.e) It may be positive to perform certain activities or negative not to perform certain activities.
9. Decisions are made for future course of action based on the past experiences and present conditions.
10. It may also be a decision not to decide for a problem.
11. It may be voluntary or induced
12. It is an ongoing activity.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.