Burn wound covering :
Biological Dressing are used to cover large surfaces of the body. Usually they are split thickness grafts harvested either from human cadavers or other mammalian donors such as pigs. Human amnion may also be used.
An Allograft is a graft of skin taken from a person other than the burn victim and applied to a burn would temporarily ( a cadaver is a most common source)
A. Kenograft or is a segment of skin taken from an heterogfart animal, such as a pig. It is useful in preparing debrided area for grafting and is really a biologic dressing.
1. 1.Achieving adequate oxygenation and respiratory function
a. Provide humidified 100% oxygen
b. Asses for sign of hypoxemia
c. Asultate chest and note the breath sounds.
2. 2.Promoting Peripheral Circulation
a. Remove all jewellary and clothing
b. Elevate extremities.
c. Maintain intake of output accurately
d. Weight the patient daily
e. Administer diuretics as ordered.
3. Promote skin integrity
4. Maintain body temperature.
5. Avoid infection
6. Administor antibiotics as prescribed
7. Promote optimal personal hygiene
8. Initiate passive and active range of motion and breathing exercise during early post burn period, provide back care.
9. Administer analgecis as prescribed