![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Uses of Air
* Air is used by plants and animals for breathing.
* Air is used for burning fuels like wood, coal, kerosene, LPG etc.
* Compressed air is used to fill tyres of various kinds of vehicles.
* Air plays an important role in maintaining the water cycle in the nature.
* Ozone layer, present in the atmosphere, helps in preventing harmful radiations of the sun from reaching the earth’s surface.
* Under extra – ordinary conditions such as:
a. a patient having breathing difficulties,
b. a mountaineer climbing a high mountain,
c. a diver going deep into the sea-oxygen gas cylinders are used for breathing purposes.
* Blowing air is used to turn the blades of wind mills.
The wind mills are used to draw water by running pumps, run flour mills and to generate electricity.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.