Introduction of Automobile or Vehicle:
An Automobile is a self propelled vehicle which contains the power source for its propulsion and is used for carrying passengers and goods on the ground, such as car, bus, trucks, etc.,,
Types of Automobile;
The automobiles are classified by the following ways,
1. On the Basis of Load:
· Heavy transport vehicle (HTV) or heavy motor vehicle (HMV),
· Light transport vehicle (LTV), Light motor vehicle (LMV),
2. On the Basis of Wheels :
· Two wheeler vehicle, for example : Scooter, motorcycle, scooty, etc.
· Three wheeler vehicle, for example : Autorickshaw,
· Three wheeler scooter for handicaps and tempo, etc.
· Four wheeler vehicle, for example : Car, jeep, trucks, buses, etc.
· Six wheeler vehicle, for example : Big trucks with two gear axles.
3. On the basis of Fuel Used:
· Petrol vehicle, e.g. motorcycle, scooter, cars, etc.
· Diesel vehicle, e.g. trucks, buses, etc.
· Electric vehicle which use battery to drive.
· Steam vehicle, e.g. an engine which uses steam engine.
· Gas vehicle, e.g. LPG and CNG vehicles, where LPG is liquefied
4. On the basis of body style:
· Sedan Hatchback car.
· Coupe car Station wagon Convertible.
· Van Special purpose vehicle, e.g. ambulance, milk van, etc.
5. On the basis of Transmission:
· Conventional vehicles with manual transmission, e.g. car with 5 gears.
· Automatic : In automatic transmission, gears are not required to be changed manually.
6. On the basis of Drive:
· Left hand drive
· Right hand drive
7. On the basis of Driving Axle
· Front wheel drive
· Rear wheel drive
· All wheel drive
8. Position of Engine:
· Engine in Front - Most of the vehicles have engine in the front. Example : most of the cars,
· Engine in the Rear Side Very few vehicles have engine located in the rear. Example : Nano car.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.