![if !IE]> <![endif]>
LET US UNDERSTAND
A. Choose the best answer.
1. Karmugilan went to __________ for higher studies.
d) New Zealand
Answer: c) USA
2. _______ broke out in the near by villages.
Answer: c) Dengue
3. He got ____________ the disease.
a) infected by
b) cured off
d) remedy for
Answer: a) infected by
4. The villagers , built a _______ on his memory.
Answer: b) memorial
B. Fill in the blanks.
1. They ate a bowl of chickpea sundal.
2 Amar Jawan Jyoti is the memorial for the soldiers.
3. Flag day is observed on 7th December.
4. A soldier dies for the nation.
5. Karmugilan was a young talented doctor.
C. Answer the following questions.
1. What were Anandhan and Yazhini watching in the television?
Anandhan and Yazhini were watching Amar Jawan Jyoti ceremony on television.
2. What is Amar Jawan Jyoti?
Amar Jawan Jyoti is a memorial for the soldiers.
3. What did Anandhan want to become?
Anandhan wanted to become a doctor.
4. Why did Yazhini want to join the military?
Yazhini wanted to join the army to serve the nation.
5. What happened to Dr. Karmugilan in the story?
Dr. Karmugilan died young as he was infected with dengue.
6. What was the epidemic that broke out in the story?
Dengue was the epidemic that broke out in the story.
LET US BUILD
We divide the words to pronounce them easier. Here are some tips to divide.
A. Circle and divide the bulldog pattern words.
B. Divide and list out the words under each pattern
( party, teacher, speaker, starfish, curtain, snowman, garden, pancake, heater, cowboy, farmer, weasel )
C. Write some pattern words and divide them.
head / master
arm / chair
tea / pot
snow / cap
note / book
post / man
play / ground
sea / shore
wall / clock
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.