Take a few minutes and make hints of the picture. Arrange your thoughts. Using the points you write, deliver a small speech focusing the issue picturised here. Give an interesting and informative speech. Your speech should include the cause and the solution.
Tips for effective speaking
* Organise your points and ideas well.
* Don’t memorise the speech. If you forget a point, it will make you nervous.
* Avoid the things that are of no value or interest to the audience.
* Before you speak, take a deep breath, smile, greet the audience.
* Don’t be nervous about making a mistake.
* Interesting speech makes your mistakes nothing.
Answer: I am Megna of class VIII A. I am going to deliver a speech on “Environmental Pollution”. One of the major problems of today in our country is ‘Pollution’. Environmental pollution refers to the presence of harmful and poisonous substances into our environment. It is not only limited to air pollution, but can also affect water bodies, soil, forests, aquatic life and all the land-living species as well. The main factors leading to environmental pollution are human-generated.
Since ages, we have been interfering with the environment in order to expand our habitat and to make living easy. Humans have invented automobiles, set up factories, cut down forests to make way for roads and cities all compromising the environmental health. Inadequate waste disposal and its littering have resulted in polluting our oceans and water bodies, rendering them useless and threatening the life of the species which depend on them. So I conclude my speech by saying that the government should take some precautionary measures to stop this major issue in our country.