Home | | Medical Physiology | Role of Hemoglobin in Oxygen Transport

Chapter: Medical Physiology: Transport of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide in Blood and Tissue Fluids

| Study Material, Lecturing Notes, Assignment, Reference, Wiki description explanation, brief detail |

Role of Hemoglobin in Oxygen Transport

Normally, about 97 per cent of the oxygen transported from the lungs to the tissues is carried in chemical combination with hemoglobin in the red blood cells.

Role of Hemoglobin in Oxygen Transport

Normally, about 97 per cent of the oxygen transported from the lungs to the tissues is carried in chemical combination with hemoglobin in the red blood cells. The remaining 3 per cent is transported in the dis-solved state in the water of the plasma and blood cells. Thus, under normal conditions, oxygen is carried to the tissues almost entirely by hemoglobin.

Study Material, Lecturing Notes, Assignment, Reference, Wiki description explanation, brief detail


Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.