Ribosomal Memory :
As per the principles of Ribosomal memory following suggestions for retaining whatever is read are extremely useful.
· Read each paragraph carefully and try to remember each point thereof. Similarly to read the next one and after reading for a while, to keep the book aside and try to remember everything.To write all important points, or discuss with the colleagues and then review if any points are left out.
· While starting the next chapter to summarize shortly previous chapter.
· To repeat very briefly the same topic after 24 hours, 7 days and 30 days; help a lot to remember the topic permanently.
· One can use pnemonics or graphics or melodies to remember certain unusual things or long lists or more points.
· It is a good habit to underline important points preferably with yellow marker pen. That saves time and omits less useful information.
· To blink the eyes after reading for a while to remove the eye strain. One may press the eyes gently with palms. The warmth of palms render energy and bliss to the eyes. One can use cold water to splash upon the eyes.
· Not to read in one position for a very long time. To rejuvenate oneself, one may get up and walk around or breathe deeply or meditate for a while.
· While in examination hall, to remove thought block, one may close the eyes and try to concentrate. This will enable memory circuit to get activated.
· Technique of self hypnosis is also found to improve memory in many cases.
As mentioned early, there is no definite, effective or quick way to improve memory; however the method given above is time tested method to improve memory performance for students as well as other people.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.