*A rock is an aggregate of one or more minerals.
* The word ‘Sedimentary’ has been derived from Latin word ‘Sedimentum’ means settling down.
* Igneous rocks are the primary rocks formed first on the earth.
*Soil is a mixture of organic matter, minerals, gases, liquids and organisms that together support life.
1. Crust: Outermost layer of the earth புவியின்மேலோடு
2. Lava: Hot molten rock erupted from a volcano. லாவா
3. Magma: Hot fluid or semi-fluid material found beneath the earth crust. பாறைக் குழம்பு
4. Rock cycle: The continuous process of transformations of rocks from one form to another. பாறை சுழற்சி
1. Physical geography-Dr.Shanti swaroop.
2. Outlines of General Geography - By E.O. Robinson, M.A.
3. Text book in Geography for class VIII-Social science Resource and development - NCERT-New Delhi.
4. Geography for UPSC Civil Service Preliminary Examination - By Surender Singh.
5. School Atlas Book - Tamilnadu Text Book Corporation.
Rocks and Soils
• Open the Browser and type the URL given below (or) Scan the QR Code
• Click the ‘Begin’ button, start your rock collection
• Click Add to rock collection’ one by one
• Goto ‘identify rock types’ and play the game