1. There are _________ continents in the world.
2. The largest continents is _________
3. _________ is the longest river in the world.
4. Lake Superior is located in_________
5. Penguins are found in _________
1. Asia - Biggest continent
2. Africa - Sahara desert
3. Europe - Vatican city
4. South America - Amazon forest
5. Australia - Kangaroo
The seven continents of the world are:
3. North America
4. South America
The Taj Mahal is located in Agra on the banks of river Yamuna.
* North America is entirely within the Northern Hemisphere. North America is the third largest continent by area, following Asia and Africa.
* North America is the only continent in the world that has all climate types.
The Great Barrier Reef is located in Australia. It is the pride and joy of Australia. It is made up of nearly 2,500 individual reefs and they are visible from space.
Antarctica is the coldest continent on Earth. It is also called the White Continent or the Frozen Continent.
Europe: Europe and Asia are parts of the same major landmass. Europe is separated from Asia by the Ural mountains and the Caspian Sea. The world's smallest country, the Vatican city, is in Europe. The Volga is one of the longest rivers in Europe.
Some countries in European continent are : France, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany, Norway, Austria, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy.
Australia: Australia is an Island continent covered with unique landscapes and natural wonders. The Great Barrier Reef, the pride and joy of Australia is made up of nearly 2,500 individual reefs and visible from space. Australia includes the inside of Tasmania and numerous small islands.
India has several historical monuments. Taj Mahal is one such monument. It is situated in Agra on the banks of river Yamuna. Taj Mahal is built completely using white marble stones. This most beautiful monument is recognised as one of the seven wonders of the world.
Other historic monuments in India include India Gate Delhi, Sanchi Stuba in Bhopal, Gateway of India in Mumbai, St. George Fort and Gangai Konda Cholapuram in Tamil Nadu.
Australia is an Island continent covered with unique landscapes and natural wonders. The Great Barrier Reef, the pride and joy of Australia is made up of nearly 2,500 individual reefs and visible from space. Australia includes the inside of Tasmania and numerous small islands.
Let us write
* Write the name of the country and its continent in the table below.
Country : Continent
India : Asia
Zimbabwe : Africa
Canada : North America
Argentina : South America
France : Europe
Which state is called the Bread Basket of India?