![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Continents of the world ( Term 2 Chapter 3 | 5th Social Science )
I. Choose the correct answer.
1. There are _________ continents in the world.
Answer: b) Seven
2. The largest continents is _________
c) North America
Answer: b) Asia
3. _________ is the longest river in the world.
Answer: c) Nile
4. Lake Superior is located in_________
a) North America
Answer: a) North America
5. Penguins are found in _________
Answer: b) Antarctica
II. Match the following.
1 Asia - Vatican city
2 Africa - Amazon forest
3 Europe - Sahara desert
4 South America - Kangaroo
5 Australia - Biggest continent
1. Asia - Biggest continent
2. Africa - Sahara desert
3. Europe - Vatican city
4. South America - Amazon forest
5. Australia - Kangaroo
III. True or False.
1. Asia is the third largest continent. ( False)
2. India has one of the seven wonders of the world. (True)
3. Brazil is one of the largest coffee producer in the world. (True)
4. The great barrier reef is in India. (False)
5. Antarctica has half year of light. (True)
IV. Answer the following.
1. Name the continents.
The seven continents of the world are:
3. North America
4. South America
2. Where is the Taj Mahal is located?
The Taj Mahal is located in Agra on the banks of river Yamuna.
3. Describe North America's important features.
* North America is entirely within the Northern Hemisphere. North America is the third largest continent by area, following Asia and Africa.
* North America is the only continent in the world that has all climate types.
4. Where is the Great Barrier Reef located?
The Great Barrier Reef is located in Australia. It is the pride and joy of Australia. It is made up of nearly 2,500 individual reefs and they are visible from space.
5. Which continent is called the Frozen continent?
Antarctica is the coldest continent on Earth. It is also called the White Continent or the Frozen Continent.
V. Answer the following in detail.
1. Write a short note on any two continents.
Europe: Europe and Asia are parts of the same major landmass. Europe is separated from Asia by the Ural mountains and the Caspian Sea. The world's smallest country, the Vatican city, is in Europe. The Volga is one of the longest rivers in Europe.
Some countries in European continent are : France, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany, Norway, Austria, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy.
Australia: Australia is an Island continent covered with unique landscapes and natural wonders. The Great Barrier Reef, the pride and joy of Australia is made up of nearly 2,500 individual reefs and visible from space. Australia includes the inside of Tasmania and numerous small islands.
2. Write a note on the monuments of India.
India has several historical monuments. Taj Mahal is one such monument. It is situated in Agra on the banks of river Yamuna. Taj Mahal is built completely using white marble stones. This most beautiful monument is recognised as one of the seven wonders of the world.
Other historic monuments in India include India Gate Delhi, Sanchi Stuba in Bhopal, Gateway of India in Mumbai, St. George Fort and Gangai Konda Cholapuram in Tamil Nadu.
3. Give a detail study of Australia
Australia is an Island continent covered with unique landscapes and natural wonders. The Great Barrier Reef, the pride and joy of Australia is made up of nearly 2,500 individual reefs and visible from space. Australia includes the inside of Tasmania and numerous small islands.
Stick the flags of any five countries.
Let us Paste
Collect and paste pictures of seven wonders of the world.
Let us write
* Write the name of the country and its continent in the table below.
Country : Continent
India : Asia
Zimbabwe : Africa
Canada : North America
Argentina : South America
France : Europe
Which state is called the Bread Basket of India?
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.