Postnatal care (Daily care)
After the birth of the baby & expulsion of the placenta
i. Clean perineum & apply sterile pad
ii. Make her comfortable
iii. Give her a cup of tea and something light to eat (immediate)
iv. Allow her to rest
v. Record vital sign
a. 4 times daily for the 1st & 2nd day
b. then twice daily
c. if elevated as doctor ordered
vi. Check for any bleeding
· Check frequently for bleeding. Give baby bath at birth and daily
· Change napkin whenever wet or soiled have mother do it.
· Take temperature twice daily or & hourly if necessary
· If the baby’s condition is good mother should be allowed to feed, as often as she wishes to do so.
· Test breast feeding and body activity of the child.
· Bring up baby’s wind often feeds.
· Check cord for bleeding and signs of infection,