Structural Organisation of Animals (Science)
Points to Remember
· Leech is metamerically segmented and has 33 segments.
· It has two suckers which are used to attach to the body of the host. It is also involved in locomotion.
· The salivary glands of leech produce an anticoagulating substance called hirudin.
· Leech is a hermaphrodite.
· Rabbits are warm blooded vertebrates.
· Canine teeth are absent in rabbit.
· Respiration takes place through a pair of lungs in rabbit.
· The heart is four chambered consisting of two auricles and two ventricles.
· Urinogenital system comprises the urinary (or) excretory system and the genital (or) reproductive system.
· Mammary glands are modified glands of the skin and help in nourishing the young ones.