![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Points to Remember
• Algae are chlorophyll bearing, simple, primitive plants and they are autotrophs.
• Gametophytic thallus is dominant phase in Bryophytes
• Parasites have special roots called haustoria.
• Pteridophytes are the first true land plants. They are vascular cryptogams.
• Gymnosperms are the naked seeded plants.
• Angiosperms are the closed seeded plants (Ovules are enclosed by the ovary).
• Angiosperms are divided into two classes, namely dicotyledons and monocotyledons.
• Scientific method of naming the plants with two words is known as Binomial Nomenclature.
• The paste obtained from the leaves of Acalypha indica cures burns on the skin.
• The leaves, flowers and fruits of Solanum trilobatum cure cough and cold.
1. Haustoria Special roots present in parasites.
2. Mycorrhiza Symbiotic association of fungi with higher plant roots.
3. Epiphytes Plants growing upon other plants.
4. Autotroups Organisms which prepare their own food.
5. Heterotrophs Organisms which depend on other organisms for their nutrition.
6. Vascular tissues Tissues which conduct water and minerals.
7. Polypetalae Petals which are many but not united.
8. Gamopetalae United petal
9. Monochlamydeae Flower with single whorl of perianth which can not be differentiated into calyxand corolla.
1. Algae - A. V.S.S Sambamurty. I.K International publishing house.
2. Bryophyta - Afroz Alam. I.K International publishing house.
3. Pteridophyta Mc Graw Hill Educations.- O.P.Sharma.
4. Gymnosperms - S.P.Bhatnagar. New Age Publishers.
5. Taxonomy of Angiosperms - B. P.Pandey. S.Chand Publishers.
6. Plant Kingdom - Theresa Greenaway. Hodder Wayland Publishers.
2. https://www.britannica. com>science
Through this activity the students will learn about Medicinal plants and their uses
* Open the Browser and type the URL link (or) Scan the QR Code.
* Click the title “Medicinal plants and their uses
* Select and view the images of Medicinal plants and their uses
* Through this image u can identify the uses of medicinal plants
Web link : https://www.plantscience4u.com/2018/08/10-medicinal-plants-and-their-uses-with.html#.XHZnyogzaM8 (or) scan the QR Code
*Pictures are indicative only
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.