![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Social Science : History
STATE AND SOCIETY IN MEDIEVAL INDIA FROM THE CHOLAS TO THE MUGHALS
I. Choose the correct answer
1. _______ was the second stronghold of Ala-ud-din Khalji's expanding Kingdom.
Answer : a) Dauladabad
2. The Deccan Sultanates were conquered by________ .
a) Ala-ud-din Khilji
b) Ala-ud-din Bahman- shah
d) Malik Kafur
Answer : c) Aurangzeb
3. The establishment of__________empire changed the administrative and institutional structures of South India.
Answer : b) Vijayanagar
4. Krishnadeva Raya was a contemporary of_________.
Answer : a) Babur
II. Fill in the blanks
1. The Portuguese were Europeans who arrived on the west coast of India.
2. The combined forces of the five Deccan Sultanates defeated Vijayanagar army in 1565 A.D. (C.E.) at the battle of Talikota.
3. Vijavanagar evolved as a Militaristic state.
4. The tempo of urbanization increased during Vijayanagar period.
5. The Chola Period was the enterprising period in the history of Tamil Nadu.
III. Find out the Correct Statement
1. i) The establishment of the Vijayanagar Kingdom witnessed the most momentous development in the history of South India.
ii) The Saluva dynasty ruled for a longer period.
iii) The rulers of Vijayanagara had smooth relations with the Bahmani Sultanate.
iv) Rajput kingdoms attracted migrants from Persia and Arabia.
Answer : i) The establishment of the Vijayanagar Kingdom witnessed the most momentous development in the history of South India.
2. i) The Nayak Kingdom came up in Senji.
ii) The appointment of Telugu Nayaks resulted in the migration of Telugu - speaking people from Madurai.
iii) Mughal Empire started declining from the time of Jahangir.
iv) The Europeans came to India in search of slaves.
Answer : (i) The Nayak Kingdom came up in Senji.
3. i) Mythical geneologies were collected by Col. Mackenzie.
ii) Indigo was the most important beverage crop in India.
iii) Mahmud Gawan was the minister in Alauddin Khalji's kingdom.
iv) The Portuguese built their first fort in Goa.
Answer : (i) Mythical geneologies were collected by Col. Mackenzie.
4. Assertion (A) : India was an integral part of maritime trade, extending from China in the east to Africa in the west.
Reason (R) : Geographical location of India in the middle of Indian Ocean.
i) A is correct; R explains about A
ii) A is wrong; R is correct
iii) A and R are wrong
iv) A is correct; R does not explains about A.
Answer : a) i) A is correct; R explains about A
5. i) Gold images of great beauty and artistry were made by Cholas.
ii) The best example for Chola architecture is Siva as Nataraja performing the cosmic dance.
a) (i) is correct (ii) is wrong
b) Both (i) and (ii) are correct
c) Both (i) and (ii) are wrong
d) (i) is wrong, (ii) is correct
Answer : d) (i) is wrong, (ii) is correct
IV. Match the following
Column -1 : Column - II
1. Portuguese : a. Bengal
2. Tansen : b. Kottam
3. Sericulture : c. Court of Akbar
4. Angkorwat : d. Goa
5: District : e. Cambodia
1. Portuguese : Goa
2. Tansen : Court of Akbar
3. Sericulture : Bengal
4. Angkorwat : Cambodia
5: District : Kottam
Copyright Â© 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.